Saturday, July 10, 2010

for the love of handwork

I once had the pleasure/honor of participating in a workshop led by Renate Hiller. I could not take my eyes off her hands while they worked and could have listened to her speak all day.

Just the other day, as I sat crocheting pool-side, I noticed several children watching me as they walked by. I love to catch the expression on their faces as they watch. (They usually just watch my hands so I can look at their faces without making them feeling self-conscious) Rarely do we make eye contact, although I know that there is a connection made and it puts a smile on my face and in my heart.

4 comments:

angelina said...

she has our surname!! hm.. some relation i wonder.

Sayu said...

ohhhh... speechless. thank you.

t does wool said...

beautiful Annri~hope you are enjoying your summer~

Imene said...

My children love watching me knit. They come up with things I could knit for them. I love it