Sunday, March 15, 2009

nudge

I'm doing my best to forecast spring here: a short sleeve knit top for Hana and a fresh spring tote for me in colors that blend right into the view out our back windows. Maybe if spring were to peek in at my handwork, she'd see the pink buds and take the hint that we're ready for some more colors outside too.

The little top is transition wear; yes, it's short-sleeved but to be worn as a layer with a long-sleeved tee. It's this pattern: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/girls-cap-sleeved-spring-shirt and the yarn is Yarn Pirate BFL DK in Berry Sweet.


The fabric is by Heather Ross, the rabbits & race-cars line. I made myself a tote from Simple Sewing by Lotta Jansdotter. The tote pattern has become my go-to pattern. I don't line the bags because they get an extra layer of fabric on the outside which serves as reinforcement and accent. So smart!

Oh, and I'm also on the receiving end of a nudge! My friend Beth, http://www.tangledskystudio.blogspot.com/, mentioned my little nest here on her blog, so I figured I'd better get blogging! Thanks, Beth!

3 comments:

tangled sky studio said...

hi annri,
welcome to the blogoshere! Hana's little transition top is beautiful (it reminds me of a wee sweater i'm working on right now in koigu) and the tote says welcome spring (let's just hope mother earth is listening....

Tara Thayer said...

Welcome. Beth is brilliant, so you are on your way to shine. Best wishes, Tara

Sleepandhersisters said...

Welcome to blog world... Beth is such a wonderful and inspiring person. I am pleased to meet a friend of hers.

Love the tote and sweater as it gets colder here I am sure you will be putting them to good use soon.

Katherine