Tuesday, November 3, 2009

my place and yours: blog hq

This week's My Place and Yours theme is Blog HQ. So, here's my computing corner. It's in the living room these days, tucked in the corner by the window. I can be nearby for Hana playing around since her favorite play space is any space I'm in! It's nice that the feeling's mutual!

It's an old table that we found at our local treasure shop way back when, before kids. It has a creaky sway to it; one of those sounds that worrisome yet familiar and homey. The candle holder was a birthday gift from a too far away friend. The lidded pumpkin sculpture is a Koji original (I think from grade 5?); I can't tell you how precious it is to me, but you probably have objet d'art for which you have similar feelings... A gnome home and the resident gnome from a school sale many years ago. A stack of wooden slices which Hana placed there a while ago and for some reason I like them there (they also make nice coasters). And then the small piece of free-form crochet, also from Koji's hands (grade 3). On the wall, a root wreath that friends gave to me for my birthday over a decade ago at our local farmers' market. Within the wreath, my wooly goddess of curly-locks, Aubergine, whom I bought for myself for a long-ago birthday.

My corner is full of love, you see...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice, Annri! A bright serene space for creativity.

P.S. Funny, was imagining your sofa in alternate arrangements just a couple of days ago. hmmm

renee ~ heirloom seasons said...

Yes, I can see that it is full of love. Thank you for sharing a peek.

And wow, that is a lot of socks! They are super cute. I love your Waldorf dolls too!

Bek said...

What a nice spot to sit and blog etc. Very sweet treasures too.

Sayu said...

A sunny, cosy and very creative place!! I love the tokens of love. I love being there in spirit!

xo Sayu

Margie Oomen said...

funny I just moved my mac to the kitchen from the living room where I have been making and blogging for the last few months. Since the time change the kitchen gets the most beautiful morning light and it has a little wood stove tucked into it's corner to keep me warm through the winter. The kitties have moved here recently so why not me.