Tuesday, July 14, 2009

happy! ::: happy! ::: joy! ::: joy!

Look what Hana made! She is so proud, as you can see.

Her inspiration came from a friend's toy cell phone pouch. She was a force to reckon with once she got her vision. Gotta' love that! She started while I was making dinner yesterday, knit some more after dinner, and finished after breakfast today! Lambs' Pride bulky, Koji-made sz 10 needles, a rainbow heart button picked up on our many yarn store adventures, et voila! a perfect pink pouch! Go, Hana, go!

And, look! I found some more hearts in my yard! ;-)

I used a free amigurumi pattern from Pepika (look in the free patterns for the 3-d heart). I've crocheted about a half dozen of these! I think they'll be nice key fobs, cell phone dangles (if I was ever going to have one, this would be it), little girl doo-dads, the possibilities are many! It's a great way to use scrap sock yarn (the variegated) and the bits of Koigu I have left from the Barn Raising Quilt squares. I used some Rowan 4-ply Cotton for the pink + purple. Pepika's own creations are fantastic in a sweet, over-the-top way. I like many of them. She also has an Etsy shop where she offers other patterns. I'm planning a snail soon - I have a thing for snails, don't know why.

When I produce a bunch of little projects like the hearts, it usually means I am also working on a larger project. I feel the need to finish something, so I seek out a quick, little something. The larger project (you're probably wondering) is the Sweet Spring Tee from Never Not Knitting. Once I got past the lace section on the sleeves, the stockinette portion remains. Little hearts to the twitchy-knitter's rescue! Don't get me wrong, the sweater is looking really nice + cute and the pattern is great, I just love to finish things - it helps me feel productive. I'll post the finished sweater soon, maybe on the weekend?!

6 comments:

Shalet said...

Good for your daughter! Happy knitting!

Sayu said...

Man, my sister has talented childrens! Go Hana-banana go!
The hearts are sooo lovely too!

I <3 you!!!

t does wool said...

she should be happy it's adorable!!

Anonymous said...

Enchanting garden! Is it my imagination, or is that a unicorn I see? Hehe

Anonymous said...

I love the hearts, so super cute!

melissa said...

well done hana! there'll be no stopping you now. :)