Friday, September 11, 2009

watched-pot knit

Tonight's dinner: rice with every veggie that is in the house! Cauliflower, kale, red pepper, corn, onion, garlic, potatoes.... Onion sauteed first in olive oil and butter, then add taters and about a cup of chicken stock, cover and cook until potatoes are almost tender. Add minced garlic, cauliflower, red pepper, and corn, cover again until cauliflower starts to become tender. Add pepper and salt, stir. At the last minute put the kale over everything, cover it again and let the kale wilt. Yum! I wouldn't mind some red cabbage, zuchinni or other squash, maybe even a sweet potato... next time! The watched-pot knit is a Lyalya Hoodie ABC in the child size. Over the years at a local art sale, I've seen a friend modeling one for sale, she is a friend of the designer who is a local. I admired the style every time I saw it, and then last week Waldorfmama displayed a beautiful rainbow version! I recognized the style and, quick as a bunny, followed the link to Etsy (again!) to purchase a pattern. It is going to be the cutest, elfiest, coziest hat/hood ever! I'm using Malabrigo worsted in the Cuarenta colorway that I had stashed from the LYS. It feels so buttery soft!
I mentioned in my last post a finished object. I was hoping to show you my baktus scarf, but I could not achieve what I consider a pleasing modeled photo of the Baktus itself. Soooo, I will try taking some pictures of it laying beautifully in the yard somewhere over the weekend and then share. OK? Thanks, I knew you'd understand!

Here are some flowers from Hana. She created this beautiful display during some happy solo play time the other day. It had been raining, but stopped for a few minutes. I was otherwise occupied, but sensed her donning some gear to go out. "Shhh..." I told myself, "let's see what happens." She came back in, then I heard some water running. A little clatter in the cupboards. Then she came into the sewing room, looked over at me, but went to her table quietly. "Shhh..." I told myself again. Then she went out into the other rooms, singing Rain Rain Go Away. After a few minutes, she called me, and when I got to the living room, this is what I saw! "All set for lunch!" she said so proudly. A girl with vision, that what she is!

3 comments:

tangled sky studio said...

what a treat to see your smiling face and your too-cute sidekick! i love the look of the scarf on you and may have to make one myself (since you are one of my fashion idols...). also the elfin hat is just about the cutest thing i've ever seen!

beth

the nest said...

hi beth! i think you are one of my fashion idols - well, that figures, doesn't it?! xo - annri

alison said...

I so love this pic of you and your girl—such a sweet moment frozen in time—your smiles say it all!