Thursday, October 22, 2009

watched pot knits

Tonight, we had "Oops, I-forgot-to-roast-the-peppers-this-morning-before-I-left-the-house-for-the-day-pasta". Have you ever made that recipe? ;-)Olive oil, onion, garlic, Italian sausage, red peppers, broccoli, diced tomatoes, chili pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and a pot of pasta! It was kinda fun and very yum!

The chef's recommended knitting to go with this particular dish is a top-down dolly cardigan. Last year, I crafted a sweater for Hana's dolly, Molly (yes, we repeat that phrase a lot around here!) I based the construction heavily on a top-down cardigan I knitted for Hana from a Knitting Pure and Simple pattern. I love the Knitting Pure and Simple patterns for their simplicity which allows a nice amount ad lib, especially for the hack designer in me. The gauge is smaller than the girls' sweater, at 5 stitches/inch for the dolls. I'm knitting this version with some Cascade 220 Heather which a friend passed on to me (thanks, S!) When I knit the first one, I wrote out the pattern (read: scribbled some notes), and am re-knitting and re-scribing with the hopes of being of some use to other dolly clothes making folks out there. Of course, I'll try my hand at adding it to the blog as a downloadable pattern, but I am no expert there... at the least there will be a pattern post with some photos, perhaps over the weekend. {Alison, I might need your tech-support guys to make a house call!}
And I am happy to report that I've completed a few more mini-socks/stockings for the Socktoberfest mini-socks/stocking knitalong that I was crazy enough to start! I'm still a wee bit behind, but I want to show that I'm still in the game. From the left: Sophie's Toes (a gifted sample in my last order, thank you, Emily), mystery stashed leftover, and Lorna's Laces Sock in what I call the bumble bee colorway. Emily Parson, the very talented and kind dyer of Sophie's Toes, just had an update at her Etsy shop yesterday, and I think there is still some left... just sayin'!
Now, I'm going to curl up on the sofa with some tea and my Through The Loops Mystery Sock clue for this week! Happiness, simple happiness.
Cozy wishes to you - xoxo

3 comments:

t does wool said...

very cute socks...and I love the pink...and pasta ;))

tangled sky studio said...

that sounds very similar to this pasta that we can't seem to get enough of these days (i think it's the bacon!) i love the energy and creativity you are able to share with all of us now that you a blogger...you're a natural (but i knew you would be!)

http://splendidtable.publicradio.org/recipes/pasta_cheese_gilded_linguine.shtml

do you ever listen to the splendid table on npr (noon on sunday in A2 (i have to download podcasts here....sigh

Anonymous said...

Excellent pasta recipe! Especially prepared at Chez Annri!